Saturday 5 March 2016

Commission: Epic sized Wayfarer

And so I present my latest creation; an epic sized Wayfarer-class medium transport. Basically the same ship as my previous Wayfarer, just a wee bit bigger. The ship was supposed to be about the same scale as the rebel transport though I miscalculated somewhere when building it. Instead of 200-205mm in length I ended up with a model that's about 211mm long.

I will not be writing a paint guide of this ship as I've painted it near identical to my first Wayfarer. Also of note is that the last picture is a size comparison to the previous ship. As I don't have access to the model, all I could do was to photoshop together some pictures of the two ships, though it should serve as a decent approximation. As always, enjoy!








4 comments:

  1. I really really want to get this ship. I see you are no longer taking commissions (prolly due to your great work). Would you be willing to sell either of your existing ones or are they already gone to a lucky client?

    Regardless I really like your work on these... would love to see how you made this ship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both ships were commissions so no, you can't get those particular ships from me anymore.

      However I have detailed how I built these ships, just follow the links:
      http://alternativewargamer.blogspot.se/2016/02/building-epic-sized-wayfarer.html
      http://alternativewargamer.blogspot.se/2015/06/building-wayfarer-class-medium-transport.html

      Delete
  2. Honestly I think this size makes more sense, just because the ship's cargo bay is supposed to be large enough to serve as a hanger for a pair of Headhunters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly certain that two Zeds would fit in the smaller version as well, though it would be rather tight. Of course, size and scale has always been a hot topic with many Star Wars ships. Just look at the A-wing, its size has been a widely debated topic for decades.

      Delete